Improved autosearch and custom actions

The team will be happy to see any change suggestions or feature request. Leave them here...
Scope
New user
New user

Post by Scope »

How about adding an editbox under the "Automatic program search" so you can choose what kindof custom action you want on each search.
You can chose a checkbox for "Auto-enable custom actions" but the action box becomes empty!
A textbox below that checkbox allowing you to choose the wanted action would be really nice!

Thanks!
Lars
TVA Team member
TVA Team member

Good thinking!

Post by Lars »

I have not considered this approach yet, but it is a very good suggestion. So far I have linked an action to a channel, the original plan was to start a recording from a TV-tuner card or launch a streaming feed. If you set alerts with actions for any of the radio channels, it works like a charm... :) It will if you manually assign actions to the channels too.

But special autosearch custom actions may have different usages. I will definately look into this, so far the only design consideration I can see is that any autosearch actions will have overwrite predefined channel autosearches when a program hits.

Lch
Manager / Lead Developer
LCHSoft Inc

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson
Scope
New user
New user

Re: Good thinking!

Post by Scope »

I am currently using custom alerts to start DScaler. DScaler has a -c parameter which sets the channel. So if I could set a custom action for searches called "Poker" that is on channel 5 like this : "DScaler.exe -c 5" Then DScaler would start and set the correct channel for all my automatic searches, very fancy :-)

Keep up the good work!
Lars
TVA Team member
TVA Team member

Nice! (Here's some more help...)

Post by Lars »

Actually you can do this already...

Let say that your poker channel is Viasat Sport 1 or something like that. Right click on Viasat Sport in the channel tree, an click 'Default custom action'.

Add your action: DScaler.exe -c 5

All programs on Viasat Sport vil now get this action as the custom action. Now all you need to do is enable the action in your autosearch.

(If you update all your channels with DScaler comands, all programs may be started this way. This is a once only operation, you actions will persist over updates, of course.)

As far as I know you're the first to use this feature as intended, I don't have a tuner card. So I'd very much like to know how this turns out, and of course any bugs you'll discover... :)

Lch
Manager / Lead Developer
LCHSoft Inc

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson
Scope
New user
New user

Post by Scope »

Awesome! Thanks alot, didnt know that option existed :)
Works like a charm!